Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Genealogy Goals for 2024

  


It's a new year and time to set my genealogy-related goals for 2024. 

I accomplished my goal of writing more often in 2023. Finding a bunch of early-American ancestors who lived in Salem and were involved in the Salem Witch Trials was exciting, and I had a lot of fun researching them and sharing information about their lives. I also wrote a post about my paternal great-grandmother, Sarah Kilcullen, and hope to learn more about her in coming years. 

In terms of my 2023 goals, I'd say I'm 2 for 4. I did not compile all my Lacey posts, as I keep promising to do, but still hope to accomplish that. I also still haven't solved my SEO issues, but as I mentioned in my 10-year blogoversary post, I'm also reconsidering where to share this family information in general, and perhaps a blog doesn't make sense in 2024. On a positive note, I did post more, and I also continued consulting and generally assisting others with family history research. Overall, I feel like I really expanded the family tree and my understanding of certain moments in history, and that's definitely a win.

Here are my genealogy goals for the coming year:

1. Continue compiling my posts about the Lacey family into a small book that I can share with other family members. I'm just going to keep this on my list until it happens.

2. Continue my consulting work.

3. Post regularly. I am still working on researching some early-American ancestors and have some fun immigrant ancestor stories coming to the blog soon. 

I also look forward to connecting with my local genealogy society more often in 2024. I've cleared some conflicting commitments from my calendar that should make this possible. I always really enjoy talking with others about their family history work. 

May you have a wonderful 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment