Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

In celebration, I'm posting photos of some mothers from my family, along with their children.

Kathleen Coleman Beck (center), my paternal great-grandmother, with my grandmother Jeanette Mary Beck (left) and my aunt Margaret Beck Hoover (right)
My paternal grandmother, Jeanette Beck Lacey (second from left), along with her father, sister and mother. I believe she is holding her oldest child, my aunt Sharon.

My second great-grandmother, Catherine "Kate" Daly Murray (1850-1906) with one of her children. She had nine children, including my great-grandmother, Genevieve Frances Murray.

Genevieve Murray Smith with her three eldest children, Virginia (far right), Glenn Murray Smith, my grandfather (right), and Barbara (left).

My second great-grandmother, Nellie O'Hare Barrett with (I think) my great-grandmother, Julia Ellen Barrett.

My great-grandmother, Julia Barrett Rutherfurd with my grandmother, LaVerne.

My grandmother, LaVerne Rutherfurd Smith, with her four younger children, including my mother, second from right.

My mother and me on my wedding day, 2005.


No comments:

Post a Comment