Thursday, January 2, 2020

Genealogy Goals for 2020




Oh, hello there. I haven't posted since... July.

2019 was not a great year for my genealogy research. Between increasing career responsibilities, a lot of work travel, managing the renovation of our new house, and the demands of a local group that I co-lead, 2019 didn't leave me a free second for many of the things I enjoy, including genealogy. However, I have plans to ease back into it in 2020. There are a couple of half-completed blog posts in the queue, genealogy society meetings in my calendar, and some organizational tasks that are on my mind. I intend to make all of this more of a priority in 2020.

Here are my modest goals for 2020:

1. Update this blog more often. I'm not sure exactly which branch of the family I'm going to write about next. I'm thinking about switching to my paternal lines for a while.

2. Write about the Lindsey family of Frankfort, Kentucky. I rescued some old letters from my local antique store belonging to the Lindsey family (no relation to me). I still need to transcribe them here.

3. Continue organizing my family history materials. There's a closet in my office that is begging to be turned into a nicely-organized genealogy storage space.

4. Return to the meetings of my local genealogy society more regularly. I miss everyone and all the wonderful things I learn at those meetings.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment