Sunday, June 26, 2016

Happy Third Birthday!

(Photo by Debbie)

Know Their Stories is three years old today.  Happy blogoversary to me!  I'd like to say a special thank you to my friend Sierra at Up In the Tree for providing the initial inspiration to start writing.  This blog has given me the perfect forum to share my family's stories and connect with newfound cousins.  I've learned so much more about my ancestors in the last three years.  I look forward to writing many more stories about them!


The most popular posts on Know Their Stories in the past year:

Heritage Day: Helping Children Celebrate Their Ancestors

Major Breakthrough: How Searching for a Surname Solved Two Big Mysteries and Revealed an American Revolutionary

Immigrant Ancestor: William Dickson

Five Reasons to Write a Family History Blog


What I'm Working On Now:
  • My mother's cousin Mary surprised me recently with a large bag of photos and letters that I'd never seen. The photos are mainly of my grandmother's cousin, Gil Cook, who I've written about many times. There are letters between Gil and his mother, Magdalene Barrett Rutherfurd, and his grandmother, Nellie O'Hare Barrett.  I'm still reading and scanning, and look forward to sharing some of these treasures soon.
  • I've just started a series about my Murray ancestors, starting with my great-grandmother, Genevieve Murray Smith.  I'll be writing more about this line in the coming months.
  • I'm still writing about my struggle to make sense of my Griffin ancestors.  This has been a long journey with many breakthroughs, but many remaining questions.  I'm actually hoping to take a trip to Westchester County, New York, later this year to do some additional research.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jana! I appreciate you checking in on my blog, and I *extra* appreciate the wonderful lists you create of recommended blog posts and articles. I get a lot of inspiration from reading what others are writing, and you're always pointing me towards great content. Many thanks!

      Delete