Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad



Today, my parents celebrate their 43rd wedding anniversary. 

They were married on December 19, 1970 at Saints Felicitas and Perpetua Catholic Church in San Marino, California, my mother's hometown. A reception followed at the home of my maternal grandparents.

My mother wore the same dress my grandmother wore when she married my grandfather in 1941. 

This photo, taken outside my grandparents' home, shows some of the immediate family in attendance at the wedding.  (L-R) My mother's eldest brother Tom, her brother Tim, her grandmother Ozelda "Dandy" Rutherfurd (second wife of my great-grandfather George Rutherfurd), her sister Nancy, my Dad, my Mom, and my mother's parents, Glenn Smith and LaVerne Rutherfurd Smith.



Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment